Position: Temporary Coding Consultant - Remote
Employment Status: Full-time/Temp, Home-Office Based, (July – November)
We are searching for Temporary Coding Consultants for the months of July - November. This position will primarily support Attest’s Risk Adjustment Data Validation (RADV) service line. Typical duties include performing audits of health status by reviewing, interpreting, coding and abstracting medical records information, and providing secondary review of errors. No relocation required as the position is home-office based -- ability to self-motivate is a must!
CPC or CCS Certification AND 5+ years of medical coding experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs quality reviews on records to validate coding according to the International Classification of Diseases Manual (ICD-10) for diagnoses, and CPT / HCPCS for services.
- Checks for missed diagnoses affecting the HCC and ensures compliance with all mandates and reporting requirements; monitors CMS guidelines and manuals.
- Works individually and within a team to validate the health status which determines the risk score and HCC for health plan members including:
- Service Code Accuracy (CPT/HCPCS), Diagnosis Codes Accuracy (I10), Conditions Active and/or are Under Current Treatment, No HCC Conditions were Missed
- Complies fully with electronic work paper standards by posting information in a timely manner and in the appropriate location(s); including accurately documenting audit findings
- Maintains required coding certification(s) as appropriate.
- Performs complex diagnosis validation and abstraction work.
- Required to work nights and weekends as needed.
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Temporary position: July - November
Pay Frequency: Hourly / bi-monthly
Pay Range: Depends on qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Interested candidates are invited to:
- Professional Coding Certification, specifically CPC or CCS, required
- At least 5 years of solid medical coding experience required
- Commercial HCC experience strongly desired
- Certified Risk Coder (CRC) or additional coding certification(s) desired
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Strong Emotional Intelligence, Fortitude, Integrity & Ethics, Leadership and Problem Solver attributes
- Ability to define problems, parse data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work related stress is required
- Detail oriented while maintaining a positive attitude / rapport
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
- Ability to self-motivated and thrive in a virtual and growing environment
- Team player with a "can do" attitude that can work in a fast paced environment
1. Send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All application steps must be completed to be considered for this position.
2. Complete our online application. Application
3. .Once resume and application are received, a coding test will be sent out via email
Request More Information>
Please contact us if you would like additional information or a proposal on any of the services we provide.